Cookies are small files that a site or its
service provider transfers to your computer. We employ the use of only
technically needed cookies and one cookie to log anonymized website
usage statistics (Matomo
). By using our website you consent to the
cookies to enable us to retrieve user details for each visit. Cookies
are used in some areas of our site to enable the functionality of this
area and ease of use for those people visiting.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you
register on our site. When registering on our
site, as appropriate, you are asked to enter
your: name and e-mail.
Further we log your logins, geolocation and downloads
for statistical purposes using anonymized IP addresses / user accounts. For AWI members, we provide a login via
AWI authentication servers, which has the advantage that we do not
save any password hashes in these cases. You may refuse the use of
cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser,
however please note that if you do this you may not be able to use
the full functionality of this website. Additionally we use the
web analytics software Matomo
to monitor page usage. Following information are collected by Matomo
- IP address, anonymised through abbreviation
- One cookie is placed (_pk_id...)
- Previously visited URL (referrer), if sent from the browser
- Name and version of the operating system
- Name, version and language setting of the browser
- Visited URLs on this website
- Times of page visits
- Type of HTML enquiries
- Screen resolution and colour depth
- Technologies and formats supported by the browser (e.g. cookies, Java, Flash, PDF, WindowsMedia, QuickTime, Realplayer, Director, SilverLight, Google Gears)
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may
be used in one of the following ways:
- Analyze how users use our site.
- To personalize your experience, for instance by restoring the state from previous sessions.
- The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to
maintain the safety of your personal
information when you enter, submit, or access
your personal information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not
sell, trade, or otherwise
transfer to outside parties your personally
identifiable information. This does not
include trusted third parties who assist us in
operating our website, or servicing you, so
long as those parties agree to keep this
information confidential. We may also release
your information when we believe release is
appropriate to comply with the law, enforce
our site policies, or protect ours or others
rights, property, or safety.